Forums

Forum Home > Gods Promise - Gods Belofte > Looking for this promise

Belgian Christadelphians
Site Owner

Did the followers of Christ look for this promise ?

(Acts 1:3 KJV) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

(Acts 1:6 KJV) When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

To help understand more this promise it is good to read not only the promise made

to Abram ( Abraham) but also that made to Jacob, Judah & David.

(Genesis 48:4 KJV) And said unto me, ( Jacob.) Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people; and will give this land to thy seed after thee for an everlasting possession.

(Genesis 49:10 KJV) The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

(2 Samuel 7:12 KJV) And when thy days be fulfilled, (David.) and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

( 7:13 ) He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

(7:14 ) I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

June 30, 2010 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.